Friday, April 27, 2007

Hitting the ground running


We are back!!!
We hit Canadian soil just over 2 weeks ago. First, to Winnipeg where we took part in the Outtatown grad ceremonies (i gave the final challenge to the grads). What a huge transition these days are for our students - from living simply out of back packs, working with and serving people, and having made the most amazing friends to returning home to the pressures and consumerism of North America, and returning to people that expect them not to have changed - who expect them to fit back into the mold that they left...

Following grad we had an great week debriefing and having some good hang time with our staff. One of the great benefits of this job is the opportunity to collect such incredible people into our lives! I think the goodbyes at the end of that week were harder than the goodbyes with our students.
And now... now we have made our return to PG. Leaving Winnipeg 8 days ago we flew into Edmonton to catch up with family and then arrived in PG this past Sunday and hit the ground running: 10:00 arrival, 11:00 church, 2:00 lunch with parents. Monday I started my job with Folklore Contracting - I am a project coordinator with them - pulling details together to make sure that planting contracts run well.

It is good to be back. We miss the people that we worked with, but it is time to reconnect with our world here. It is good to be back, I love our home here. I love the knowledge and stories I am able to bring back to Canada. I am looking forward to sharing good coffees catching up and discussing life with our people here !

1 comment:

Patricia said...

I love you guys!